Free Room Service
Welcome to La Fortuna, San Carlos
La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foothill of the Arenal Volcano; is a location with the perfect combination of relaxation, nature, adventure and fun. For us it is a pleasure to receive you, and we will be attentive, during your stay, to give you a great experience. La Fortuna belongs to San Carlos, an area rich in nature, agriculture and where 80% of milk is produced throughout the country, The “Northern Zone” also hosts important National Parks and Wildlife Refuges, such as the Arenal Volcano National Park, Juan Castro Blanco National Park and the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge, providing a enormous biodiversity that will surely be a great memory in your camera. The Arenal Volcano, is the pearl of San Carlos horizon, its scenic beauty will amaze you during your visit. If you want more information, about the different activities that can extend your experience, do not hesitate to visit us at our reception. Enjoy with us, your stay!
Be a Green Guest!
- Use strictly necessary lights.
- Close faucets and showers when not in use.
- Use the Air Conditioning in a temperature of 75oF.
- If you want towels or clean bedding, place them on the floor.
The property has Wireless Internet Access. To access, your device must be Wi-Fi enabled, and connected to the SSID: WiFi Volcano, Contraseña: Volcano1234
The safe is free of charge. We recommend that your valuables be stored inside. Please be advised that the hotel will not be held responsible for any loss of valuables left in guest rooms.
- Press the programming button behind the door.
- Enter your own 4-digit and 1-letter code (A or B)
- Close the door If you require
Early Check Out, please tell us at least one day before
Check Out Time: the check out time is at 12:00 noon, after that time the key of your room will be deprogrammed, and must assume a cost of $ 50.00 per hour
Costa Rican Coffee: In your room you will find a sample of our globally recognized coffee.
Surá Bar & Bistro: Our restaurant is open from Sunday to Friday from 11 am to 9 pm, on Saturdays from 11 am to 10 pm.
Breakfast at the Sura Bar & Bistro: start your day with the buffet breakfast, included in your lodging, from 6:30 to 10:00
Cleaning Service: the cleaning service is done every day, if you do not want this service or require it at another time, use the door hangers.
Customer Service Hours: personnel are available at the Reception, 24 hours a day.
Messages: we will be happy to send messages or emails addressed to you, to your room.
Happy Hour: at Chonete Wet Bar from 16:00 to 19:00; and, at Sura Bar & Bistro from 16:00 to 19:00
You have received tickets for pool towels. You can exchange the tickets at Sura Bar & Bistro. You must return, the tickets or towels at the reception, at Check Out; otherwise, $20.00 per towel will be charged to your account.
Visitors: For your and other guests safety, visitors are not allowed in the rooms.
Pets are not allowed inside the property. In case of non-compliance, the hotel reserves the right to request the abandonment of the property.
All rooms are smoke-free (Law 9028), your non-compliance will have a $150.00 penalty Portable WiFi: $10.00 per day
From 10:00 pm to 07:00 am, it is our quiet time in the Tropical Rain Forest. We invite all guests to be quiet and avoid activities that may disturb other guests.
If you are in our Thermal areas, you are asked to follow the following rules, after 10 pm:
Do not handle glass objects near water.
Do not pollute the water.
Collect all the waste generated during your stay at that point.
Do not generate noise out of respect for other guests.
Do not enter the bars.
Our Fauna: within our property, there are several species of animals, typical of the Rainforest. Learn more here
- The Sura and Arenal pool areas and their Jacuzzi, are open from 8:00 to 22:00
- The Thermal Oasis, is closed from 5:00 to 7:00
- The Thermal Forest Wet Bar is open from 2:00 until 22:00
- When you visit our Thermal Forest section, please place your cloths and towels in the deposits placed for that purpose.
Access is not allowed with food and beverages purchased outside the property (except in Arenal Pool Area).
Our thermal areas are Wellness places, intended for relaxation, rest, mental and spiritual therapy, any musical manifestation, whether through electronic devices or instruments is totally prohibited, for the peace and enjoyment of all visitors.
Some general recommendations for the use of the hot springs are:
- It is always best to consult with your doctor before using the hot springs therapy if it is pregnant or has a disease.
- Avoid swimming alone in hot springs, the older adults should use caution and do not use if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If you take medications for heart disease beware.
- No overheating, stay well hydrated and if you have skin diseases that are contagious, use private pools.
- Avoid staying for long periods, inside the thermal bodies, some people may be susceptible to changes in blood pressure.
For more information about our hot springs, visit our specialized site
Contact us, check:
- Reception: 0
- Sura Bar & Bistro: 604
- Arenal Lobby Bar: 600
- Chonete Wet Bar: 628
- Reservations: 605
We offer local transportation service to/from other national destinations. Check with the Reception personnel for availability
Write us your Experience: